Bitcoin & Crypto Markets Are Approaching Another Critical Point
“It’s defined by the people, and it’s defined by rules and a protocol that people trust. And I think in a world where people don’t trust anything anymore, that it’s good to have protocols that people trust that they control themselves” -early investor in Uber, AirBNB, & Bitcoin
Hey all, I’m proud to announce that [MyCrypto 1.2.0](https://github.com/MyCryptoHQ/MyCrypto/releases/tag/1.2.0) is now live.
The two biggest updates for this release are as follows:
###The MyCrypto Desktop app has officially launched!
* Now with [Ledger](https://www.ledgerwallet.com/r/1985?path=/products/) and [TREZOR](https://shop.trezor.io/?a=mycrypto.com) Support.
* Has undergone [full security audit by Cure53](https://github.com/MyCryptoHQ/MyCrypto/files/2167699/MC-01-report.pdf).
* Always [verify authenticity](https://support.mycrypto.com/security/verifying-authenticity-of-desktop-app.html) of the MyCrypto Desktop App.
* Always download from [download.mycrypto.com](https://download.mycrypto.com).
####Here are some images of the desktop app: [Imgur Album](https://imgur.com/a/rx0eDaH)
**Download the app at [https://download.mycrypto.com](https://download.mycrypto.com).**
###You can no longer use private keys, mnemonics, or keystores on the MyCrypto.com website.
* Why? Because it’s [safer & more secure](https://medium.com/mycrypto/a-safer-mycrypto-79d65196e7d8).
* You can still use your [Ledger](https://www.ledgerwallet.com/r/1985?path=/products/) and [TREZOR](https://shop.trezor.io/?a=mycrypto.com) hardware wallet on the web.
* You can still use your [MetaMask](https://metamask.io/) on the web.
* You can still use your [Parity Signer](https://paritytech.io/send-transactions-with-mycrypto-beta-and-parity-signer/) on the web.
* Or you can use the [Desktop Applications](https://download.mycrypto.com/) for accessing your raw private keys, mnemonic phrases, and keystore files.
**Visit MyCrypto at [https://mycrypto.com](https://mycrypto.com).**
####Q: Wait, why are you disabling everything? What do I do now?
**A: You can still use your private keys, mnemonics, and keystores on the MyCrypto Desktop App. Here’s a [visual aid for what you can do, and where](https://i.imgur.com/h4oFTfF.png).**
Method | [Desktop App](https://download.mycrypto.com) | [Website](https://mycrypto.com)
Ledger | YES | YES
TREZOR | YES | YES
Parity Signer | YES | YES
MetaMask/Web3 | – | YES
Private Key | YES | –
Keystore File | YES | –
Mnemonic Phrase | YES | –
Over time we’ve gotten lots of requests for a dark theme. With this release, we’re happy to deliver that! Officially, we’re calling it Moon Mode… because why not?
Images of Moon Mode can be viewed here: [Imgur Album](https://imgur.com/a/4mJfayD)
**Activate on the [MyCrypto.com website](https://mycrypto.com) by clicking the toggle at the bottom.**
**Activate on the [MyCrypto Desktop App](https://download.mycrypto.com) by clicking the logo on the top left.**
MyCrypto 1.2.0 has a LOT more updates than what we’ve shown above, including bug fixes, gas fixes, updated translations, and enabling Monero swap.
Full release notes (61 PRs, ~24,000 line changes) can be viewed [on our GitHub](https://github.com/MyCryptoHQ/MyCrypto/releases/tag/1.2.0).
[This post can also be viewed on our Medium blog](https://medium.com/mycrypto/mycrypto-launches-desktop-applications-w-hardware-wallet-support-efac86c962a8).
Thank you for your support, your feedback, and everything else. We’re excited to keep moving towards a safer and seamless-er environment.