*LIVE* Bitcoin Trading + Market update
When 80% of the market is inflated by fake volume, I am glad to see such kind of platforms coming around to give clarity on these shady markets! Say NO to trading manipulation, lack of liquidity transparency, front-running orders, tailgating and exchanges flooded by biased volume retranscription!
* According to a crypto jacking report by Cyber Threat Alliance, cryptocurrency mining malware detection is up 459% in 2018. An article by Bloomberg attributes the rise in malware detection to infamous global cyberattacks like WannaCry and NotPetya, which utilized stolen code from the US National Security Agency.
* According to the, “Virtual Markets Integrity Initiative Report” published by the Office of the New York State Attorney General (OAG) on Tuesday, roughly 20% of crypto trades made on Coinbase are made by the exchange itself. The OAG’s report was the result of a detailed questionnaire sent to 13 major US crypto exchanges. This practice, known as proprietary trading, is used to increase liquidity on a platform but alters trading volumes.
* Binance founder and CEO, Zhao Changpeng, ended the first day of CoinDesk’s Consensus Singapore event with a fireside chat where he laid out intentions for the crypto exchange to launch fiat-to-crypto platforms on almost every continent. While this is a long-term plan, Changpeng added that by this time next year, he hopes to launch between five and ten fiat-to-crypto exchanges, ideally with two per continent.
* A group made up of major global banks, trading firms, and a leading energy company announced today that they have launched a joint venture to build out a new blockchain platform for the financing and trading of commodities. Some of the members of this Swiss-based venture include BNP Paribas, Citi, Credit Agricole, Koch Supply and Trading, Macquarie, and Societe Generale. The venture, dubbed komgo SA, is being developed in partnership with Ethereum-focused solutions group ConsenSys.
* Ethereum-based internet browser, Brave, is already beginning to be considered as an alternative to web browsing giants like Chrome and Safari, according to a report by CCN. Brave maintains user counts of over 3 million with over 18,000 content creators on the browser – 13,500 of which are content creators on YouTube and Twitch.
* Notable crypto exchange, Huobi, announced in a press release Wednesday that it has joined Russia’s VEB Innovation Fund. The main goal of this new partnership is for Huobi to relay its experiences with crypto regulation so Russian regulators can apply it while building regulatory framework for digital assets. Huobi spokesperson, Andrey Grachev, added that Hubi has intended to enter the Russian market since April.
* R3’s Chief Technology Officer, Richard Gendal Brown, and Lead Platform Engineer, Mike Hearn, believe that a blockchain day of reckoning is near. In an interview with CoinDesk, the two described that the blockchain industry is due for consolidation as there is only room for a small number of platforms.
* Top ten US bank, PNC, will begin using RippleNet to process international payments to its customers. Reported by Reuters, PNC’s Treasury Management unit will utilize Ripple’s xCurrent blockchain platform to speed up overseas transactions by US clients. Senior Vice President of Product Management at Ripple, Asheesh Birla, believes banks using xCurrent is the first step in large scale adoption of Ripple products.
As part of KuCoin’s one-year anniversary celebration, they are giving 99% discount off the trading fees on DCR trading pairs including DCR/BTC and DCR/ETH from Sept. 15th, 18:00 to Sept. 29th, 18:00, 2018 (UTC+8). For further details visit: https://news.kucoin.com/en/99-discount-over-the-trading-fee